- Eating too much sugar and too many grains
- Poor diet; not enough fruits and vegetables
- Not getting enough rest and sleep
- Emotional stressors in your life
- Any combination of the above
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
How Do We Catch a Cold?
The cold virus is the most common infectious disease in the United States. Being around people who are coughing and sneezing or walking around outside in the cold are not necessarily the ways in which we catch a cold. The cold virus stays alive for hours on inanimate objects, such as pens, door knobs, keyboards, etc. We catch a cold or get the flu when the virus gets past our compromised immune system and takes hold. We catch a cold or get the flu due to a weakened immune system, not just because we came in contact with someone who was sick. Common contributing factors to a weakened immune system: